Pages

Subscribe:

Ads 468x60px

Labels

Glowing Cuban Treefrog

National Wildlife Magazine Photo Contest 2009
Honorable Mention, Amateur Division, Backyard Habitats Category

At first I thought this frog was sitting on top of the light, so I got my camera and was taking pictures at a distance as to not spook him. After I looked at the first few pictures I realized it had actually swallowed the entire bulb. I then wrongly assumed that it was dead and did not worry about spooking him, so I got up close. After a few shots right in his face he repositioned himself showing he was indeed still alive. So I took a few more shots and then pulled the bulb out of his mouth and then took a few more shots like that. There are other good ones but I like the composition of this one the most.


Read more: http://www.thedailygreen.com/weird-weather/weather-categories/wildlife-photos-contest-50032210#ixzz1nz9LR0zf